Where to Next? Part II
Travel is something that I am always looking forward to in our lives, even if we don't really have anything planned! Like I said Friday, New Years Day Jeff woke up with a question of where we wanted to go next! Here is a list of places I can't wait to visit and the top things to do there.
Stockholm: Sweden has always been a place that I have wanted to travel to, and Stockholm seems like a great place for me and my family. It is family friendly, English speaking friendly, and I must admit I love the fashion there too! Here are the top things I would want to do/see while in Stockholm.
- Gamla Stan Walking Tour: A one hour tour that gives you a brief historical background of the old part of a great, modern city, is ideal when kids are in tow and museums are to be explored.
- Drottningholm Castle: A castle that is said to be comparable to Versailles, Drottningholm Castle seems like a lovely place to spend part of your day while exploring the city.
- Sunset Wildlife Safari from Stockholm: As the mother of a little boy who loves animals, I would love to take my family on this safari. A 4 hour excursion, by van, in the evening to see all of the beautiful wildlife that Stockholm has to offer.
The city of Stockholm is at the top of my travel list the next time my family makes a trek over to Europe.
Copenhagen: Denmark is a place that I have always wanted to visit, ever since my parents visited over 5 years ago. My mom told me that at one of the outdoor areas of a cafe they had blankets draped over the chairs so that you could sit outside even when its cold, and I knew that Denmark seemed like a charming place that I couldn't wait to visit.
- Rosenborg Castle: At the center of a popular park, The King's Garden, Rosenborg Castle houses the crown jewels under the castle. Along with the coronation throne, art is at the center of the types of discoveries in this castle.
- Nyhavn: A historical walk along the rich historical canal makes for an inspired afternoon of discovery as to the everyday life some people get to witness everyday. Doing things that people in the cities that I visit, everyday, I something that I love. A walk and a potential picnic along Nyhavn makes for a change of pace with out little family of four.
New York: New York City! A place I've always wanted to go and a location that we will be seeing a lot of with our move to the East Coast (more on that at a future time). There are so many things to do and see in New York, and I can't wait to experience the very touristy things along with the fun local things (small corner coffee shop anyone?)
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art: We are a family that really enjoys museums. We don't visit enough, but we do make an effort to visit the amazing sites whenever we travel to a new city. I am so excited to see the different exhibits at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- American Museum of Natural History: The dinosaur skeletons, the visual history of human evolution, mummies, the space show! There are so many exhibits and attractions to see and do at the museum! This will definitely be one of the first things that we experience whilst visiting New York City.
- New York Public Library: I like to read, but I never make a lot of time for it - see my post on Resolutions here - but libraries are a different story. I love libraries. )I think that this is something my husband knows about me) The smell of the books, the history of a multitude of books, and the overall potential discovery of information. I can't wait to visit the iconic NY Public Library and see what this multi-story building is all about.
- The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum: Although incredibly sad, I think that a place like the National 9/11 Memorial & Museum is a strong modern example of how our country changed in an instant, and how we commemorate the change that we have endured. Jeff was in the military when 9/11 happened, and it changed his life. Just as it changed all of our lives. I want to experience the change through the memories that has been collected.
Where do you want to go? Have you been to any of these cities? Any family friendly travel tips/locations?
Thank you for reading.